The value of an educated board
The Governance Institute supports the efforts of healthcare boards across the nation—to lead stronger organizations, build healthier communities, and create Human Understanding.
We partner with organizations to improve governance efficiency and effective decision-making by providing trusted, independent information, tools, and resources to board members, executives, and physician leaders.
What is The Governance Institute
Sharing best practices and education, benchmarking board performance, and prompting open dialogue, The Governance Institute emphasizes what matters most to your organization to help your board innovate and accelerate its future.
- Continuous: Gain resources to facilitate effective governance
- Monthly and quarterly: Receive new educational content
- Targeted: Get specialized resources and networking opportunities
- Ongoing support: Engage with your Governance Institute service professional
- Yearly: Use assessments to identify current strengths and gaps
- Every one to three years: Attend a Governance Institute conference for education, networking, and relationship-building opportunities
What’s included in The Governance Institute membership
For over 30 years, The Governance Institute has been the industry leader in driving board development.
The Governance Institute provides a comprehensive approach to board education and development through multiple modes of learning.
Networking with the best
The Governance Institute provides shared intelligence from industry thought leaders and the nation’s largest member network focused on healthcare governance and strategy.
A targeted approach
The Governance Institute pinpoints what is most important to an organization by co-creating an intentional development plan geared toward better governance and performance.
Raising the bar
With the nation’s largest healthcare governance benchmark, you’ll gain transparency into how your board compares to peers across the nation.